Questions On Light
1. The powder of any glass is white. Why?
2. Why does sunflower always face the sun?
3. How is white light split into seven colours when passed through a prism?
4. Why molten was which is transparent becomes opaque at normal temperature?
5. Why do clothes fade in colour under sun light?
6. While aiming why do we close one eye?
7. How do plants carry out photosynthesis in spite of shedding leaves during winter?
8. Why are concentric circles of different radii sometimes seen around the Moon?
9. How does mehandi impart colour?
10. Why is snow white?
11. Why do oceans seem blue or green?
12. What is a light year?
13. What is aurora borealis?
14. What is aurora australialis?
15. What is periscope?
16. What is parallax error?
17. Why does clothes look dark when immersed in water?
18. During winter the fingers look black. Why?
19. Why are rain clouds black?
20. What is moon light?
21. Why do some insects are attracted towards light?
22. Why is that light can pass through transparent objects but not through opaque ones?
23. Why sun set is so beautiful?
24. Why sun looks in different colours at different timings?
25. Let water be of any colour. Its shower is white. Why ?
26. When oil is sprinkled on water surface, many colours are formed. Why?
27. How does a glow worm emit light?
28. Different flames have different light. Why ?
29. Why some clouds are white and some black or of different colours?
30. What is corpuscular theory?
31. Why there won’t be shadow when more lights are there around?
32. Why can’t we see the shadow of an aeroplane?
33. If sun light is outside how is that inside the house there is light?
34. What is the velocity of light?
35. How can we measure star distances with light?
36. Which is the most attractive colour combination?
37. Why signals are red or green in colour?
38. Sometimes even if the glass piece is transparent, light comes to our eyes. Why ?
39. Why leaves are green in colour?
40. Why blood is red in colour?
41. What are the fundamental colours?
42. How many colours can our eye distinguish?
43. Why red colour creates terror?
44. Can animals distinguish colours?
45. Why hair is black in colour?
46. What are the properties of light?
47. What properties light will not have after leaving the atmosphere?
48. Which light enables us to see in darkness?
49. Which light is dangerous to our skin?
50. There are many sources of light. But only sun light can give life. Why?