Facts – No. 13 Biology
1. The life of a mosquito is 10 days.
2. Giraffe has highest BP.
3. Kangaroo’s flesh has no cholesterol.
4. Human eye can identify 17,000 colours.
5. For laughing 17 muscles, but for anger 43 muscles.
6. If RBC’s growth is more than needed it is called Polycythemia.
7. If braches are planted trees grow. This is due to DNA effect.
8. The sweat of hippo is red in colour.
9. The particle that has no nucleus is called RBC.
10. Per hectare there should be 20 to 25 lakhs of earthworms should be there.
11. Earthworms can create 3 to 4 mm upper layer more fertile. If it is to be formed naturally it takes 50 years.
12. Because of dead earthworms 70 to 200 kgs of Nitrogen will be formed.
13. From the liquid on the body of earthworm “erthin” is prepared.
14. Rats can survive without water longer than camels.
15. The smallest known fish is the pandaka pygmea, about the size of an ant and almost transparent.
16. Eating of human brains leads to laughing sickness.
17. On the earth there are 1.4 million species of animals and 5,00,000 species of plants.
18. Cattle fish has three hearts. Two at the base of the gills and the third in the central heart.
19. 80% of the animals on the earth are insects.
20. ¼ of the world cattle live in India.
21. A butterfly has 12000 eyes.
22. All mammals except man and monkey are colour blind.
23. Camel has no gall bladder.
24. Grasshoppers have white blood.
25. The largest eggs are laid by sharks.
26. There are 80 different varieties of rice grown in India.
27. A yak has
Skeleton of a bison
The hair of a goat
The tail of a horse
The head of a cow
The grunt of a pig
28. The lion has the smallest heart among all beasts.
29. Shark’s skeleton has no bone but cartilage.
30. 30 different diseases are transmitted by housefly.
31. No fish live in vinegar river, Columbia because of H2SO4 + HCl
32. Sitroja plant expels mosquitoes
33. The fastest bird is “swift”. It travels at 150 Mph.
34. Human brain consists of 9 X 109 cells.
35. Camel has three eyelids.
36. Fastest bird is “ostrich”.
37. Largest backboneless animal is “squid”.
38. Largest egg layer 3 1/2 pounds is Ostrich.
39. In shark 20,000 teeth fall out in 10 years.
40. The fertilised ovum is the size of the head of a pin.
41. Prawns can walk forward but can swim only backwards.
42. Each zebra’s stripes are different.
43. The African Jarboa can see 360o.
44. Clam, crab, snail, and worm are the blue blood animals.
45. The silkworm moth has 11 brains.
46. Electric cat fish has 650V.
47. The elephant’s trunk has 4,00,000 muscles.
48. Camel cannot swim.
49. A whale’s heart beats 540 times in an hour- 9 times a minute.
50. Mosquito can detect 4000th of a degree.
51. Squirrels are the best planters.
52. The bark of General Sherman is 2 feet thick.
53. The oyster is ambisexual changing from male to female and back again.
54. Dogs sweat through the glands in their feet.
55. Giraffe’s BP is three times more than a man.
56. Birds with largest wings is albatross. Its wing span is 3.5 metres.
57. Ostrich is a bird that cannot fly.
58. Birds fly in V shape formation because one can see the other.
59. Cheetah is the fastest animal on the earth which runs at 70 miles per hour = 112 kmph.
60. Lion can run at 50 80 kmph.
61. A camel can drink 27 gallons of water in 10 minutes.
62. There are about 4 million different kinds of insects.
63. Bees move in “O” shape if there are flowers near by and in “8” when far away.
64. A salmon fish returns back to the river with smell.
65. “trout” is the fish that warns us whether water is polluted or not.
66. Whale cannot eat us because their teeth is only 3 mm length and their throat 10 cms in diameter.
67. Pandaka pygmaea are the smallest fish in the world… 6 mm in length.
68. There are about 30,000 different kinds of fish.
69. Eucalyptus tree of Australia is the tallest. [110 metres] 70. Babad is the broadest tree.
71. The oldest botanical garden was built by pope Nicholas II of Vatican in 1278.
72. The pulse rate of sparrow is 500.
73. Yeast can live without oxygen.
74. COLD BLOODED ANIMALS= dinosaurs, snakes, tortoises, lizards.
75. Cold blooded animals cannot hatch eggs.
76. The bird that changes colours is TAARMIGON.
77. The fish that changes its colours is cuttlefish.
78. “sitkasprus” is the smallest growing tree. [28 cms in 100 years] 79. Eucalyptus can explode like a bomb.
80. Swiftest fish is TUNA. [160 kms it can swim in a day] 81. Swiftest bird is “SWIFT”. [flies at 320 kmph] 82. Meat is made up of 12 amino acids.